Sunday, August 9, 2009

My first birthday pictures

I started my special day by showing Mommy and Daddy how big I was! I crawled for them (even though I have never liked crawling), stood by myself and tried to impress them by taking a step or two.
Mommy and Daddy bought a new toy for me. Of course my brother and sisters wanted to play. Here I am trying to grab as many pieces as I can before they take them away. Mom was nice enough to make them give them back so I didn't have to cry on my birthday.

Grandma Patti, Grandma Carroll and Tara came over for cake. Mommy really wanted me to dig into my cake and make a mess. It is a tradition in our family. I have never been the kind of baby that follows tradition so I gently touched my cake to see what it might feel like. It was cold. I don't like cold. Instead of digging in I sat there and made faces at everyone. I knew they were waiting for me to eat the cake but I wasn't going to do it!


Daddy was impatient and tried to shove some in my mouth. Mommy saved the day!



Much to Mom's dismay, I didn't even get my dress dirty. In the end I had a few bites of cake (only after Mom gave me my own piece on my tray) and went back to playing with my new toy. I am such a big girl!




8 comments:

Tifani said...

She is so big!!! And stinkin adorable!!! It was so good to talk to ya! Love ya tons sweetie

Brimaca said...

You look so pretty in that pic with Colbie. And of course she is a doll. I was shocked to learn of your drama while I was gone. I'm so happy to hear that it doesn't seem to have spread. I'll be calling you all to come for dinner and if there is anything I can do (seriously I want to help) - let me know. I'll call you soon.

SarahCarroll said...

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L Little Miss Colbie!

Yay for walking, new toys & not messing that pretty pink dress!
She's a little princess for sure!

Travis and Rhonda said...

I love that cake! Cute! That's so funny that she didn't want anything to do with it. What an adorable family!

Danielle said...

Such a big girl! She is so adorable. I love the cake too. You are looking great too! Hope you are feeling better!

Val said...

Awww. She is too cute. That first year goes by way too fast. The cake is adorable...what did you bake it in? It looks like a giant scoop of icecream...

larshannon said...

Happy Birthday Colbie. Did you know that Amy now calls her Colbie Belle? Only it sounds Cody Dell.

The Gooding Family said...

Adorable! I can see that her blonde hair is growing out. Too cute!