I just received a call from my aunt. She was wondering if I was feeling worse because I hadn't posted. I was instructed to rest yesterday and I realized I would NEVER rest if I was at home so I headed over to my in-laws yesterday and hung out on their couch.
I am feeling a lot better now. I am on two antibiotics and that seems to help the overall "sick" feeling. I have a lot of fluid in my abdomen cavity, looks like I am 6 months pregnant and feels like it, too. My surgeon assured me he is being very aggressive with the treatment and that aspirating the fluid to test it for cancer was not necessary. I am most likely going through chemo, anyway. Because the cancer never broke through the intestinal wall he is very sure it is not in the fluid. I will explain my reasons for leaning towards chemo in another post so if you are anti-chemo please save the lecture for later.;)
To make a short story long...I am feeling a little better each day. I am not so strung out on Loratab anymore (I have been taking maybe 1 a day for the past couple days), the pain has lessened considerably. I am patiently waiting for the fluid to process through my body as it is so very UNCOMFORTABLE!! It is like being pregnant almost overnight. My doctor said it could take around 7-10 days. Add all the steroids and IV fluid I have been injected with and I am one huge, bloated cow. Not really, just my stomach. Maybe I could have a little fun with this. Anyone have any cute maternity clothes I could borrow for a week? Ha ha ha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You and I probably look the same!!!! I look at least 4 or 5 months and it is worrying me!!! I will be huge by the time I deliver ;)
I love you and continue to pray for you!!! Love ya Steph
Tif
I always looked like that the minute I found out I was pregnant. It's probably because you give up holding your belly in! ;) May as well let it all hang out!
Post a Comment