Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pictures

I am still hunting for my camera cord but was able to snatch some pictures from Lauren's iPod!

Lauren wanted a picture of the snow. I wasn't about to go out in bare feet so I took one of her from the front door. She is on her way to school after lunch. I swear she is a spitting image of Chad. Sarah, you should be worried right about now...ha ha ha!
Lauren took this picture from her bedroom window. That building is the school. It is really a hop, skip and jump from our house! We love it! No snow days for us!
I thought this was cute. She took this picture over Texas. Who knew Texas was so beautiful from the sky?

I borrowed Lauren's iPod (her's is better than mine, no fair!) and took this picture at the Russian Orthodox Blessing. They cut a chunk of ice from the Ural River, have a big procession from the Russian Orthodox Church down to the river, the priest blesses the water and people take turns submerging themselves in it. It is supposed to bring you health through the year. I figure if you don't die from the shock you must be healthy! There are ambulances waiting to resuscitate if necessary. It was 12 degrees Fahrenheit and I was freezing in my four pairs of LONG undies, three layers of shirts, one sweater, one down overcoat, scarf, hat, gloves, wool socks and subzero waterproof boots. A 70 year old woman in her nightie dunked herself and stood there chatting with family afterwards.

There was a man playing his accordion and people dancing and singing on the frozen river. It was really a neat experience.



No comments: