Hey Steph, I know we have met once or twice...I was from Thatcher 96" and am friends with Tif Cluff...anyways, I saw that you guys had moved all the way across the world...I know that I am not there, and my circumstances are nothing like yours, but we just moved too for my husbands job (4th time in 2 years), and no...there isn't another language here, but it's all new and I was just feeling a little bit alone and it was kinda nice for me to read your blog tonight and know that I wasn't alone in new experiences. I am also going through potty training, it seems like everytime I start to train her, we start packing again...but it's time for me to start being real about it. I think my strategy will be to pretend that the stores aren't making diapers anymore. haha, if you learn any new tricks from your nanny, please share! I will need all the help I can get. This is my 3rd time and I should have this stuff down, but I am just not in the mood I guess. Anyways, I know your new journey or maybe ADVENTURE, will make your family so strong and close. I will check back often, thanks for your example of faith during your travels!!...Amy Allred
Our family is currently residing in Atyrau, Kazakhstan where Jason is working for TCO (Part owned by Chevron) as a chemical engineer. I am holding the fort down at home and endlessly cooking. We have four beautiful, amazing children and have been married for 12 years.
We are trying to learn Russian and Kazakh, navigate our new surroundings and take full advantage of all the learning that this wonderful experience is bringing to our lives.
We will be traveling all around the world for the next four years. I hope you enjoy hearing about our adventures.
1 comment:
Hey Steph, I know we have met once or twice...I was from Thatcher 96" and am friends with Tif Cluff...anyways, I saw that you guys had moved all the way across the world...I know that I am not there, and my circumstances are nothing like yours, but we just moved too for my husbands job (4th time in 2 years), and no...there isn't another language here, but it's all new and I was just feeling a little bit alone and it was kinda nice for me to read your blog tonight and know that I wasn't alone in new experiences. I am also going through potty training, it seems like everytime I start to train her, we start packing again...but it's time for me to start being real about it. I think my strategy will be to pretend that the stores aren't making diapers anymore. haha, if you learn any new tricks from your nanny, please share! I will need all the help I can get. This is my 3rd time and I should have this stuff down, but I am just not in the mood I guess. Anyways, I know your new journey or maybe ADVENTURE, will make your family so strong and close. I will check back often, thanks for your example of faith during your travels!!...Amy Allred
Post a Comment