Friday, January 28, 2011

Kharasho!

As I have been a little on edge, Dinara, knows something is wrong but I don't have the words to tell her. I tried to tell her that my Nook wasn't working and she asked if I needed "technical assistance" with it. Meaning, did I want her to translate with a Russian techie. No, Dinara, I'm just frustrated. I looked up frustrated in the Russian/English dictionary. No luck. The closest I could get was "annoy" or "stress". I wish we spoke the same language. I can't explain the gluten intolerance to her. All she knows is no mooka (flour) for me. I think she thinks I am on a low carb diet.
She makes wonderful "pancakes". They are more like crepes and the kids love them filled with Nutella. Jason eats them with peanut butter and honey. She was in the kitchen just now getting started on a batch. She attatched the blender, not realizing that it was on and sent batter flying everywhere. She looked embarassed and a little scared. I started laughing and told her that I did the same thing a few weeks ago with HOT cocoa. I even pointed to the ceiling where there were some remenants of my mishap.
She relaxed and said, "kharasho" which is Russian for, "It's good". Yep, Dinara, it's good.

1 comment:

larshannon said...

Now I get why you said harrieshow on the phone the other day. Maybe we will start using that around here.