Friday, January 21, 2011

Photo Diary

Grocery shopping. That day it was particularly cold. Inside the grocery store I am still wearing my hat and wished I had my coat.
Here is a random tidbit about Kazakh culture... They will not exchange money hand to hand. Right in front of the cashier is a little tray you set your money on. I tried handing it to her once and she shook her head "no" and pointed to the tray. If you are in a home or office you set the money on the table. If you don't have a table you put the money on the floor. The tradition holds that money ruins a relationship so passing money to others is taboo.
The chicken Dinara helped me prepare was YUMMY! The kids devoured it. Rarely do we have a night where no one complains about dinner.
Colbie and Dinara having a little fun. I don't think this was even at my house seeing as I don't have pictures on the walls yet.
Looney Yoga.
Jason looked so funny on his way out the door this morning. He is going across the street to play tennis but has to put boots on to plow through the snow. He is playing tennis with Emily's teacher. We had a parent/teacher conference yesterday and I guess they hit it off. Emily is toast! Not much to get away with when your teacher is Dad's new buddy and he lives two doors down.
Colbie and Mommy doing a little yoga before bed. She is just one pose behind me.

3 comments:

Val said...

Do you always look so gorgeous when you are grocery shopping!?!?! Fun pics....what an adventure you are having!!!

Steph said...

But of course! Must be the hat with the tassle coming out the top!

larshannon said...

Jason's get up is awesome. You guys are so good at making friends.