Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

My mom used to tell me that I was made out of Ding Dongs and Pepsi. I was at a church activity where they served Ding Dongs and couldn't bring myself to eat one. I hate Ding Dongs. I love Diet Pepsi, though! Anyway, I have a point.
I started thinking about what I craved when I was pregnant with each of my children. It is kind of funny to reflect on what I ate while they were in utero because each pregnancy was so different. Here is what my kids were made out of:

Lauren: Hands down, corn dogs and frozen chicken pot pies. I gained over 60 lbs while pregnant with her. I was on complete bed rest for 17 weeks, Jason was a full-time student and was working full time. He was responsible for feeding me so he stocked the freezer with corn dogs and chicken pot pies. Gross!

Emily: M&M's. I would buy the huge bags at Sam's Club and scarf them down. I don't remember eating much else. That explains a lot.

Zachary: Seafood, asparagus and fresh tomatoes. I could only eat certain fish safely but I craved Salmon every day. I had the asparagus and tomatoes daily.

Colbie: Taco Bell's Nacho Supreme, Wendy's Cheeseburger Deluxe (hold the mayo and onions), Diet Coke and Loratab. No wonder she is almost 9 months and not crawling!

Now it is your turn! What are your kids made out of?

4 comments:

The Gooding Family said...

Steph, that's such a cute post! I will have to think about that one and put it on my blog. I LOL when I read what Emily was made of. :)

Elsha said...

That would mean Kalena is made of sugary baked goods. Cake, cookies, doughnuts, pie. If it was baked and sugary I wanted it. Maybe that's why she's so sweet? HA HA!

Val said...

I love that all your girls made you crave junk. How classic. Are we, as females, just genetically made up to naturally want the food that is the worst for us?? Not fair.

SarahCarroll said...

Love this one too!
Love it!


Dylan - Taco Bell, Tontinos Pizza & Lemonade

Ethan - Coca Cola & Snickers... explains alot, eh?!

Aiden - ANYTHING sweet I could get my hands on... guess he'll be my sweetheart? lol