Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sick? Yeah, right!

I get up now at 4:50 AM (that is 2:50 AM Arizona time, Tif, Wendy and Nicole ;) ), by the time lunch rolls around I am tired and usually try to take a nap. I had some errands to run after I dropped Zach and Victoria off at preschool so by the time I got home it was about 10 AM. I fed Colbie, got her down for a nap and the phone rang. It was the school nurse calling because Emily didn't feel well. "Is she running a fever?", I asked. No fever, just feeling "yucky". Well maybe it is because the wind is clocking in at 60mph and there is tree pollen everywhere! I told the nurse that she is suffering from allergies but I gave her Claratin and Sudafed before school. I asked her to send Emily back to class and to tell her that if she still felt yucky after lunch to call me. I just settled in for a nap...mmmm.....feels so good to sleep...RING.....RING...RING...that little turd stayed in the cafeteria long enough to eat her cookie and some Cheetos before heading back the nurse's office because she was ready to come home.
Here I am at 3:00 in the afternoon having just had a shower (who needs them in the morning, right?) with my "sick" kid. Lauren is going to be mad that Emily one upped her. She was faking sick last night but must not have been brave enough to pull off the sick kid act at school. Emily told me that she needed something really healthy like Taco Bell. Ha! She is such a swindler. I did go through the drive through to get her some nachos. I said no to the soda, though. I can't be a total pushover!

3 comments:

Tifani said...

wow 4:50, you are an inspiration to us all!! I know that NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! scream you are feeling when you just lay down and the phone rings!!! Youhave half the mind to just let it ring!!! UUUGGGHHHH I am so sorry!!! Hopefully you can turn in early tonight. You are a wonderful mom steph!!! Your family is lucky to have you!!! I miss you
Tif

Kate said...

Wow! I can't believe you get up that early-I could never do it. My kids hopefully won't get the idea that Emily had. Ashlyn has said she's sick for two straight days this week just so she didn't have to run errands with me...stinker girl!

Jaimie said...

That is hilarious, well unless it's your kid :) Sorry, but I have to laugh. You actually fell for the Taco Bell trick :) You go girl! Did she at least let you sleep a little? Hopefully she's not sick and you can "catch up" on the lost sleep.