Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Confession

Sometimes I watch TMZ. I don't know why, it is just as bad as reading National Enquire. I watched it the other night and they were showing a picture of Elisabeth Hasselhoff (sp?) carrying her two year old down the streets of NYC while he was having a temper tantrum. She had him up over her shoulder and he had knocked her glasses halfway off and disheveled her clothes and hair. I felt really bad that they were laughing at her. I was just reading on a friends blog about how embarrassing it was for her to have to deal with a tantrum in the library and for a minute I thought, "Aren't we glad people don't follow US around with cameras?" I mean can you imagine the photographs that would be produced?
It is funny that I will not watch that show anymore not because of the smut that it contains but because they were poking fun at this wonderful mommy because her kid was acting his age. In my opinion, they crossed the line. Kudos to all you mom's of two or three year olds. It is not easy mothering a person who appears from time to time to be possessed!

2 comments:

Brimaca said...

Amen! And I've watched it before. There now we can feel bad together. :)

Dianne said...

amen!