Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Alien Abduction

I was sweeping the front walk yesterday and Emily asked if she could help. I said I would love some help so she grabbed a broom.

Emily: Mom, I really don't like sweeping. I am just doing this because I think it will make you happy.
Me: Well, thank you Emily. Do you know what that is called? A sacrifice. That is what our Savior did for us. ( I then jumped on the opportunity to give her a sermon on the Atonement. Hey, you take the opportunities when they present themselves!)
Emily: That is what Ron did for Harry, too!
Me: Uhhh... what?
Emily: Ron sacrificed himself in the chess game. (Harry Potter)
Me: Yeah, I guess it is the same. Some sacrifices are big and some are small.
Emily: I love the feeling I get when I am sacrificing for you. Do you know I don't even like sweeping?

He he he!
Later.

Emily: Mom, can I have a piece of candy?
Me: No, it is too close to dinner time.
I waited for the tantrum that inevitably follows any "no" response on my part.
Emily: Okay!
Me: Okay?
Emily: Yeah, I am so happy when I obey you! (singing) This is the bessssssst dayyyyyyyy eeeeeeevvvvvvvverrrrrrrr!

This eeriness went on all day. I want to know who this impostor is and what did they did with my child!

3 comments:

larshannon said...

Lucky you. I need an alien abduction here.

Adriane said...

Impressive! I wish Shaylee would do that more!

Brimaca said...

LOL. That's awesome. Good for her!