Lauren and Zachary have been catching butterflies all day long. They are home sick, mind you.
They have been putting them into their "butterfly house" that Lauren received last year for her birthday. You put in caterpillars and they turn into butterflies. It is a fun gift. Well, Jason and I were just talking about how they have been occupied with this ALL DAY. Now they have the neighborhood kids doing it, too. Here two conversations, both including me, the intelligent person that I am.
Me: Wow, kids! Look at all these butterflies! You are going to have a ton of chrysalises soon!
Kids:(Just blank stares)
Later....
Jason: Hun, they are having so much fun with those butterflies. I am so glad Zach isn't playing video games.
Me: Yeah, they are collecting them in their butterfly house. Pretty soon they will have a bunch of chrysalises.
Jason: A bunch of what?
Me: Chrysalises. Don't you know what a chrysalis is?
Jason: Yeah, I know what a chrysalis is. Butterflies don't make them, they come out of them.
Me: Uhhhhh....CRAP!
Zachary just ran by and exclaimed how happy he is to have a bunch of caterpillars soon. Good thing for him I don't home school....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hehe. at least you can laugh at yourself!
I love it! I swear pregnancy kills brain cells. Having four kids I find myself always forgetting or saying something that doesn't make sense. Each new addition to the family it slowly got worse.
Wow you ARE smart! Actually I wouldn't have even known what a chrisalys is, so I guess I can't really rip on you!
Post a Comment