I thought maybe the doc had some lab results back. Nope. That would be too easy...
I went in to see the GI doctor on Friday and had lost 5 lbs since Tues. Don't be jealous, ladies, it all came back and more in the course of 12 hours. I was swaying on the scale because I was so sick and light headed. I mentioned a few more ugly, gory symptoms which I shall not describe that had popped up the previous night and he sent me downstairs to the ER and scheduled a colonoscopy for Tues.
At the ER it was brought to my attention that I had a UTI on top of everything and was very low on potassium. After two IV bags and some potassium drip I was able to drive home. I started on antibiotic #2 (really, is there anything surviving inside me anymore?), ate some soup, TWO pieces of pizza, had a cherry limeade and a priesthood blessing. I feel so much better! I went a full 24 hours without eating a thing because it hurt so bad to eat before. I am still sick but in my blessing it was promised that I would be able to care for my family. That was what has been driving me insane. The constant pain was preventing me from even being civil to anyone. The pain has since subsided and I am able to do the basic things that I need to do.
I hope to figure out what is wrong soon, but "soon" is a very relative term in the medical world. As of now we are just in survival mode so if you drop by my house, please ignore the pile of laundry in the living room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i sure hope you start feeling better soon!
I'll fold your laundry. I'm folding laundry all the time, so what is a little more. Seriously, I will if you want me to.
good luck with all the testing. aren't priesthood blessings wonderful!
Post a Comment