What?!? Did I just say I was pregnant?!?!
What I will do to get my friends to read the whole post...
So I am NOT pregnant but I do look as if I am 5-6 months along. I have had three people ask me in the past three weeks if I was "expecting another cute little baby"! I have been really sick, in and out of the doctors office and today was my last straw when my belly protruded so far out that I thought I looked like a pregnant woman.
I will spare the gory details of the crap (wink wink) that I have had to endure for the past year but suffice it to say I think I may have an answer to my illness!
I saw a GI doc last week and he sent me home after ordering a few tests and some "samples". He wanted me to come back in two weeks to discuss everything but he was pretty sure I had IBS. I went home, in tears, knowing I don't have IBS. I can't eat or drink, can't sleep and am in pain 24/7. I started running a fever last night so this morning I made an appt with my Internist. He took one look at me and ran to call the GI doctor. He gave me an RX for Flagyl and told me that the GI doc would see me at 10 AM the next day. He said if I ran fever again to go straight to the ER. I have Addison's Disease and to treat it I take steroids. Steroids suppress symptoms of illness (ie inflammation, coughing, fever, etc) unless a person is really sick. I am a mess. I can only guess that my "lab samples" came back with something funny in them. He asked if I had been out of the country lately...I wish.
So I will keep you posted (I am full of puns today) on my appt tomorrow. I will take a picture of my cute belly. Seriously, if I was pregnant I would be so cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I had no idea you've been sick for the last year! I wish we could come see you but you are a busy woman with a lot of doc appts on your plate! I am praying that it is nothing terrible!!
Steph, I am so sorry to hear that your not well! I had no idea! I wish news made it to Siberia, (I mean Primary,) more often! Please call if you need anything!! I hope you feel better really, really soon!
That's no fun! I hope you're feeling better soon!
Sorry to hear youre feeling sh*tty, lol. (hows that for puns) Anywho...I heard you'd called me a oucple times. Sorry. My phone is MIA & I shall call you tomorrow when it is not almost 11PM. Love you... and hope nothing is too bad wrong. :) See you Saturday.
I LOVED the rx description. Have been drinking from mountain streams or been out of the country? :)
I can't wait to hear the results and glad you could eat last night!
Oh Steph- I'm so sorry! I'll be waiting to see what the results are!
Post a Comment