Monday, July 27, 2009

Home

Wow! What a week!
I am home now. I surprised the medical community with my extraordinary healing powers. My doctor said that with most of his patients he would be taking out their NG tube today and yet here he was discharging me from the hospital. If you don't know what an NG tube is here is some disgusting info. It is a tube that goes up your nose and down to your stomach. It drains all the "gastric juices" through the tube in your nose into a container attached to the wall. Gross. I had mine for about 24 hrs. It was the worst part of the whole ordeal. Trying to carry on a conversation with visitors with this thing taped to your nose is very difficult and awkward. That is one of the reasons Jason and I were discouraging visitors. It was too hard for me to be in that position and not feel a little bit...ummm..embarassed. After the tube came out I was still very weak (hadn't eaten for a few days) and had trouble staying awake. I slept most of the time so again, I had a hard time waking up to visit with people. I appreciate all the people who wanted to see me, though! Since I am home now I will welcome any one who wants to stop by! I will be showering on a regular basis, too so that should be a plus!;)
I have so much to share with you all but need to get some rest. I'll post tomorrow!

11 comments:

The Gooding Family said...

Hi Stephanie! I am glad to hear you're home and that you're doing well. Hope your recovery continues to be quick!

Sending you lots of love,
Wendy

Travis and Rhonda said...

Welcome Home! I bet your own bed feels nice!

larshannon said...

Did you enjoy your shower and getting to wash your hair? Glad your home.

ManDee and Scott Laing said...

Glad to hear you are home now. We hope you continue to quickly recover. Let us know if we can do anything to help!!

Val said...

Great to hear from you, Steph! Glad you are home and well on your way to recovery. Keeping spirits high as usual...seems to be what you do best! Looking forward to more fun stories and gory pictures. :)

Kate said...

Glad you are home and I would come by but you don't live close by :(. Maybe I need to make a weekend trip up there to see you sometime...

Farris said...

Oh my goodness, Steph. I guess I haven't been on your blog for a while and then read all of this. I'm so glad that everything went well and that they were able to remove the tumor. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Katie said...

The beef stew is on it's way! ;)

SarahCarroll said...

Happy to know you are home.... now i shall call. I didnt want to bother you while you were at the hospital.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Stephanie! WOW what a week, I heard from Michell about your ugly baby. eewwe! I am so glad all seems to be ok. Iam praying for you. You are a tough girl & I know you can handle anything that comes your way. Your husband seems to be a wonderful man I am happy for you.

Thinking about you,
Cindy Stahl