I have been one of those paranoid moms who has been on the watch for Swine Flu. My kids get REALLY sick every year with the regular flu (even with immunizations) and we usually end up doing either antibiotics for secondary infections, breathing treatments, steroids or all three. I was never afraid of one of them dying because of some strange strain of the flu, I was just not in the mood to spend hundreds of dollars and three weeks of my time nursing them back to health. They fall one by one so it usually ends up being a month long ordeal for me. Needless to say I have been careful. Very careful. I have avoided Chuck-E-Cheese and McDonalds as much as possible. I have made them sanitize their hands coming and going. I even kept them home from school way back when the Swine Flu was on the news every second of the day. I don't even take Colbie to the gym daycare anymore.
We seem to be safe from Swine Flu but the common cold found us instead. This nasty bug has been with us for two weeks now. It doesn't slow the kids down enough to warrant staying in bed but it did cause ear infections in all four of them.
GRRRRR........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment