My kids crack me up.
I love to write down our funny conversations. This is my favorite for the week.
Lauren and I were talking about humming birds because I just put up a hummingbird feeder in the back yard. It has been two days and I haven't seen one hummingbird so I started asking the girls if they had seen any. Lauren informed me that the base of our hummingbird feeder was green and the only color that hummingbirds could see was red. She told me she learned that at school. That sparked a whole conversation about hummingbirds. There was a slight pause because I was doing dishes and became distracted. Here is what happened next:
Lauren: Well, Mom, that was a very pleasant conversation!
Me: You say that like it is over. Are you tired of talking to me?
Lauren: No, I assumed we were finished because we both stopped talking and I don't have any more to say about hummingbirds.
Me: Sooo....are we finished talking?
Lauren: Well, we could start a new conversation if you would like. What would you like to talk about now?
At this point I can't talk because I am choking back laughter. My daughter talks like an adult. I take that back, she talks like a well educated, highly refined, classy adult. Where did she come from?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh that Lauren.... shes too smart! I love her! And the convo was great!
P.S. - In case you havent found a way to attract any hummingbirds yet... my grandma used to add red food coloring to their nectar. Works like a charm!
lol. she is smart!
Post a Comment