Almost.
Tomorrow is the last day of school for my girls.
Lauren is so excited.
Emily cries every time we mention how many days she has left. She has a friend who is going to a different school next year and she is already mourning the loss of her teacher (who may or may not be moving up to second grade). Such is the life of a drama queen.
Zachary graduated from preschool last week. I had a hard time holding back tears. He is and always will be my "little boy". I am not ready to send my buddy off to kindergarten. He tells me all the time that he doesn't want to grow up, either. He doesn't want to be to big to fit in my lap, move out, go to work or get hair on his face or penis. His words, not mine!
Colbie is happy as can be every time she wakes from a nap and finds one or more of her siblings here. Still not crawling, by the way. She will butt scoot across the living room for anything edible or slither/roll to get into stuff. I left her in the kitchen for about 30 seconds a few days ago and she opened a cupboard, emptied the contents onto the floor, opened a bag of 15 bean soup and was scarfing down dried beans as fast as she could. Wouldn't you know I was so excited that she was "getting into stuff" that I had to call Jason at work. First time mom all over again, I tell ya.
We have a lot of fun plans for summer and most of us can't wait to get started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment