Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chicken Dance

Colbie has a favorite song. It is not "I am a Child of God", "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" or "Old McDonald had a Farm". It is the "Chicken Dance". Funny, it doesn't have any words. Emily and Lauren started singing and doing the motions (they learned it in PE) and Colbie latched right on. She will now scream at us, especially in the car, for some rendition of the Chicken Dance. The kids mix it up by using "La, Da and Na". I think she likes it so much because she can sing the "words"and do the motions. Of course every verse is ended with "Clap, clap, clap, clap". That is right up her alley!
My little girl is still nowhere near crawling. She will roll around to get where she wants to go but still has some work to do. It would help if she would try to get up on her knees.
I worry at times that she is almost 10 months old and not crawling. I take comfort in the fact that at least my baby can eat any man under the table and she can do the Chicken Dance.
That counts for something, right?

2 comments:

Kate said...

It's ok that she's not crawling...their hands get all dirty and stuff and so I am already looking forward to Brady walking even though I know that sounds crazy!

Brimaca said...

I wanna see it!