Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Chemo postponed again

I went to my chemo appt. today, did all the necessary paperwork, had blood drawn and was ready to see the doctor and proceed with treatment. I mentioned that Jason has shingles. Yes, shingles. Bad timing, I know. He got it from Lauren and Colbie's vaccinations on Sept 1st. Upon hearing this my doctor said she didn't feel comfortable starting treatment for another two weeks. She scheduled this one two weeks from the kid's vaccinations because that would give me enough time to have a break out if I was going to have one. Now that Jason had one we have to wait two weeks to see if I will get sick from being exposed to him.
I felt a surge of relief to have it postponed. I have been a basket case all week. Everyone around me has been sick, I feel unprepared, my house is not in the condition I would like it to be, I haven't been able to exercise, the list goes on. I feel like I have been given two more weeks to mentally and physically prepare myself and my family. Upon checking out the nurse mentioned that this was cancellation #3 for today. So far they had only given chemo to one patient. There must be some nasty stuff going around!
On a happy note, I had a really good visit with my doctor and she is very positive that this experience will not be as horrible as I think. She was really upbeat and sure that I would be able to carry about life as usual.

2 comments:

SarahCarroll said...

Fun...shingles.... one of these days everyone will be better!

But I am glad you have 2 more weeks to feel prepared. Tell all those germy people to back off! Ill keep my heathens away! lol

The Gooding Family said...

Well now that you have (hopefully) all the sickenesses out of the way...I am glad you're getting a couple more weeks to get things how you'd like them to bed. How are you feeling otherwise? Love and miss you!