I am suffering from post vacation depression. As wonderful as it was to sleep in my own bed last night, I miss my friends and family. It was so hard to be back in my old home town and have to leave after only three days. It was not enough time to see everyone and I am sorry to those that we missed.
We spent a couple days in Tucson. The kids loved the Desert Museum. We then went to St. David to visit Wendy. We went on a walk and found a neighbor who was nice enough to take time out of his day so our kids could ride his horse for a few minutes. That was a hit! They also got their first drink out of a hose (dang city kids!) and got to see a turkey.
We then traveled to Show Low were my dad took us hunting for elk antlers. We didn't find any antlers but the kids endured a couple hours of hiking, we took pictures of the wonderful mountain view and they found deer bones and Indian pottery. My dad has a peacock so he sent the girls home with tons of feathers. Lauren said that the trip to see "Grandpa Kevin" was the most fun. She thinks the world of him and followed him around the whole time. We went back to his house and I made lasagna while he cooked venison. It was quite interesting being in the kitchen with my dad. It took some time to convince him that, yes, I really could cook and have been doing so for the past 10 years. Parents, gotta love 'em.
After visiting my dad and swimming MANY times in our hotel pool we traveled on to Safford. We had tons of fun fishing with my brothers, hanging out at the hotel pool with Wendy and Tiff, eating pizza, cookies and soda with Aunt Jere (thanks, by the way...you naughty Aunt!) and I had a blast with my old room mates, Misty, Tifani and Wendy. We were laughing so hard at dinner I swear the restaurant was about to cut off our margaritas. Oh wait, we weren't drinking!
The kids had a hard time waking up this morning for school. I think the vacation drained them. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!!
I will post pics later. I am still working on unpacking and finding my toothbrush...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Dang! I'm so bummed I missed Friday. It was good to see you guys for a little while though!
I thought it was finding your underwear..... hmm, different story on the ole blog,eh?! Hmm....
haha.... cant wait for the pics!
Glad yall had fun & you had a girlie night! :)
Vacations to the family--the best. Sounds like you guys had a great time!!!
Post a Comment