It seemed like not long ago I was feeling down in the dumps. I call it "the cloud". You know that feeling that a cloud is following you every where you go? I fluctuate between the cloud and severe anxiety. I don't know why I have to be a basket case, but hey, it is the hand I was dealt so I manage. Anyway, I was feeling like a complete psycho, I had Emily's birthday party, it was our 10th anniversary and we had family in town. I really felt like I wasn't going to make it through the weekend. You know what got me through it? A possessed two year old!
Melissa had come to babysit for us while we stayed at the hotel. The night before we were to leave Kade would not go to sleep. I think that kid screamed all night long. To make matters worse, her baby, who is Colbie's age, had a stuffy nose and was fussy because she couldn't breathe and she was tired of hearing her brother screaming. So here I am, trying to go to sleep and all I could think about was, "Poor Melissa!". I got up and rocked Miara while she tried not to kill Kade. I remember sitting in the rocking chair at 1AM thinking how good it would feel to go to bed but also realizing that my cloud was gone. I should have felt frustrated but all I felt was love for my sister and gratitude that she had come to our house to help us. She needed my help and I needed to be needed.
I had been trying for at least a week to break out of my cloud and all it took was my sweet nephew to throw an all night tantrum. Thanks, Kade!
We are always happier when we are serving others. I am grateful for opportunities that allow me to be so happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
And that, Stephanie, is why we love you and think you hung the moon!
Glad you are feeling better. Not only does service help but so does holding babies. They are just so precious.
I'm glad you are feeling better. Life is such a roller coaster sometimes! I hope you have a lot of ups from now on, but it's the downs that keep us humble, right?
Post a Comment