Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas break at the Carroll house

What a busy few weeks we have had! Christmas was a blast, I think? I am already experiencing blackout from lack of sleep over the holidays. We had a ton of fun with our family. Everyone was here except for Tyson (He is serving a mission in California). We also enjoyed having Katie, Melissa's BFF, and her baby, Zeke, with us for the holidays. Katie's husband is serving our country in Iraq so she spent Christmas with Melissa and Tim at the Carroll's house. Chad and Sarah came into town with Ethan and Dylan. The kids almost had the sleepover they been anticipating with their cousin, Dylan for weeks. For the first time in history THERE WAS NO ROOM AT GRANDMA AND GRANDPA'S HOUSE! I never thought I would see the day... I should have expected it since we seem to be reproducing like rabbits! We are blessed to have two more babies joining our clan in the year 2009! Sarah and Chad are expecting another baby boy and Nate and Tiff are having an alien! You will have to visit their link to get that one.
The kids had a wonderful Christmas Day. The weather here was warm and they spent most of the day playing outside. I will post some pics as soon as I get a chance. Santa brought us all iPods and the kids have been hooked up ever since! It is so funny to see them dancing around the house and singing all of their favorite tunes. Zach is the funniest because he has absolutely no volume control. He has been singing "Move It" from Madagascar at the top of his lungs.
New Years Eve was spent at our house. I think I fell asleep sometime before midnight and woke up right after. We babysat for a friend and I spent most of the time rocking her to sleep. I fell asleep once she did and spent the rest of the night glued to the chair. I am getting to old to stay up late! Lauren stayed the night with her friend, Mayci, and Morgann, Mayci's sister stayed the night with Emily at our house. Morgann and Emily went to bed at 10 PM but not without completing everything on Emily's "Fun List". Yes, she wrote a list and even checked them off as we completed each task. Here was her list: (Note, spelling has not been corrected)
1. Tey Party
2. Lisin to my ipod.
3. Wach the littl mermad 3
4. Pant our tonals
Emily, it was fun. Oh, they also ate marshmallow popcorn while they watched their movie. That was a hit.
Lauren bragged that she stayed up until midnight at Mayci's house. She is still infatuated with Mayci's chickens. From what I gather she ate a lot of eggs and ran around with feathers in her hair. One of the feathers, I was told, was plucked from the chicken's butt by my gentle daughter. Some day we will have to have chickens, dogs and horses or that child will never be happy.
Zachary was sick for a lot of Christmas break, poor kid. He is always having problems with tonsillitis so we are going to have his tonsils removed. I am thinking about scheduling it for spring break. Merry Christmas, Zach!

4 comments:

SarahCarroll said...

Geez!
Will these Carrolls calm down with the kid producing!
And yeah.... we enjoyed getting to see everyone! Definitely brightened the holidays for us! (esp. Dylan... I think he's still beaming! He LOVES his cousins!)
Too bad that slumber party didnt happen.... oh well, we'll be in Texas before you run half a world away!

Tiffani and Nate said...

Well it sounds like you had a great Christmas . . . Oh wait! I was there encroaching on your personal space the whole time! Thanks for letting us crash the party. We had a blast, despite this alien growing inside of me! (I can't believe you would call my kid an alien . . . RUDE!)Hehehe.

Brimaca said...

Christmas is always kind of crazy. Sounds like some of it was a lot of fun at least. See you Sunday!

The Gooding Family said...

What a fun Christmas. I loved Emily's "fun list!"

Happy New Year!