I have noticed that everything I do is about the kids. If I take pictures they are all of the kids. Home video? All kids. I have realized that I don't seem to exist in any of our family memories! If I write in my journal AKA-Blog, I only write about things the kids have done. To remedy this, I am going to tell about a couple of things I have done recently.
About two weeks ago my friend, Brandi, told me to get a babysitter on a Saturday because we were going to do something fun. The only clue I had was that I needed to shave my legs. I thought, "Whoo hoo! We must be getting pedicures!" She took me to the spa we were treated to a 45 min facial and a 60 min massage. We were both GLOWING when we slithered out of that place. I can't thank her enough for that wonderful treat! I asked as we were leaving what the special occasion was and she said it was for her birthday. Happy Birthday to her! That sounded so bad. Her birthday was a couple of weeks prior to this blessed event and I had already taken her out to dinner and a movie. She must have wanted to celebrate it with the spa and I was the lucky friend to be invited. Thanks again!
This last Friday we had a girls night out with Melanie, Delcie and two of Mel's friends. We had so much fun! We were celebrating Mel's upcoming birthday. We went out to eat then back to my house where we hung out and chowed down on Baskin Robbin's ice cream. Melanie finally went home at 1:00 AM. I was shocked to see how much time went by and was so sad to see her go! We were roommates at BYU and I was missing the nights that we would stay up all night and talk. It is a blessing to have such wonderful friends. No matter how much time passes or how long I have been away from most of my friends, when we get together it seems like nothing has changed.
Mel's girls stayed the night last night at my house and as we were all chatting in Lauren and Emily's room before bed I was reminded again how much I missed Melanie. Too bad we can't drop everything and have a slumber party! All the kids went to church with us today and I was in heaven surrounded by all these lovely girls. We had a total of 5 with us today. Poor Zach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Well good friends certainly puts "music in your soul," at least it does mine!! Glad you had such fun!
I feel so blessed to have such good friends.
I love you, Steph!
It's the same for me and my old friends. I miss them a ton.
Sounds like a ton of fun. You always have fun stuff going on.
Lucky YOU!
Sounds like fun....
And thats the best thing... getting together with old friends!
Good. You deserve a girl's day out or two. Or three or ten . . .
Aren't friends great! Wish you lived closer. I love catching up on your blog. Your grocery store post was funny. I can totally relate
Post a Comment