Thursday, January 29, 2009
Mmmm....smells like breakfast!
So I have been running low on breast milk. I don't know what happened but this time around my body is running out. I have tried pumping, nursing, sleeping, eating, you name it. Nothing seems to help. My sister in law suggested I try this herbal supplement called Fenugreek. I started taking it on Saturday. From what my sister said it only takes a couple of days to start working. As I did more research I found out I wasn't taking enough of it. I doubled the amount but the verdict is still out as to whether it is working or not. Fenugreek is apparently used to make maple syrup flavoring and it said on one of the websites I visited to take enough until "your urine and seat smell like maple". I now smell like IHOP. No kidding. When I go to the gym it smells like I am sweating syrup. I am not sure whether that is a good side effect or a bad one. I mean, maple syrup doesn't smell bad but when you mix it with 30 min on a treadmill and 20 in a steamy sauna the results will either make you hungry or nauseated. So far Colbie hasn't complained!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm not sure whether thats good or bad either. Hhhmmm. Funny reading however.
bring on the bacon!
I tried that stuff with Doyle and it worked and I TOTALLY know what you mean about smelling like syrup. You are NOT kidding!!!
Shoot, I know where to go when we run outta syrup! I can come milk you for it! haha! Atleast its syrup & not something else you smell like....
The same thing happened to me with the twins! My milk supply couldn't keep up with them, so I started taking the supplement and it really helped. I swore that I smelt the same way...i just didn't have a clue where it was coming from. Now I know!
Post a Comment