Tuesday, January 13, 2009

No music in my soul

Last night I was on the verge of an anxiety attack. I don't know why this happens to me but I had come to the end of my rope. I started getting what I call the "creepy crawlies". If any of you have problems with anxiety you probably know what I am talking about. Every noise and movement coming from my family was making me CRAZY!!! I told Jason that I was feeling an attack coming on and I wanted to go lie down. Actually, I wanted to run full speed out the door! I wanted him to keep the kids quiet for a bit so I could regain control of myself. Anyway... he was trying to soothe Colbie, bless his heart, (That is the Texas way of insulting someone without it seeming insulting. You can say anything you want about a person if you use "Bless his/her heart either before or after said insult.) by dancing with her. She loves music and loves to be danced with. By this point I was hearing Lauren, Zach and Emily roughhousing, Jason's parents talking (they were over for dinner) , music and Jason singing along with the music. I think the washer and dryer may have been running, also. It was really noisy. I was nice enough to wait until he was distracted with something else then I turned off the only thing in the house I could control, the music.
Jason called me a Grinch. Lauren gave me a dirty look. Margaret and Quinn didn't even notice. Emily said, with a disgusted sneer on her face, "MOM! There is NO music in your soul!"
She made me laugh so hard I forgot that I was annoyed by all the noise.

5 comments:

The Gooding Family said...

That girl is a crack up! She knew just the right thing to say, didn't she?

Thanks for missing me, Steph! I always miss you. When are you coming to AZ next?

Tifani said...

I totally know where you were and the feelings you had and yeah I think I would have died laughing too!!! That is so funny!!! Hey will you let Wendy know that I need to be invited to her blog again!!! I can't check it and it's driving me nuts that I can't keep in touch with ALL my friends. If your reading this Wendy I love ya and miss you too. I hope all is going good with you guys!!!

larshannon said...

Well, I think there is music in your soul! I love Emily to pieces and glad you got a laugh.

You should have been at my house last night. I put everyone, yes EVERYONE, in bed at 7:15 (bathed and feed) and it was silent the rest of the night.

Brimaca said...

Something like that happened to me on Sunday. Then I came out because I heard Malachi screaming and doors slamming and the kid had gotten up off the potty chair to pee in the pantry. great. I dont' know why I ever take breaks even when I'm freaking out.

Tiffani and Nate said...

Isn't it amazing that our kids are usually the ones causing us to drown, but also the ones that keep us afloat?