Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Oh, the joy of being raised by idiots

We were playing Trivial Pursuit (for kids) last night with the kiddos. They get multiple choice questions but the adults had to answer without choices. This was funny.

Lauren: Okay, Daddy, what shape does the continent of South America resemble? (Mind you there are three choices. He doesn't know the choices so he has to make a wild guess.)
Jason: Ummm...a top!
Lauren: (with a sigh and a roll of her eyes) I said what SHAPE not what OBJECT!
Jason: Okay, a piece of pie. (He is just messing with her now.)

Lauren put the card back in and gave Jason a look that said "What am I going to do with you? You are so dumb!" and very politely not to mention slowly so that he was sure to understand, said, "No, Dad, it is a TRIANGLE. A triangle is a SHAPE."

Well, excuse him for being that stupid!

4 comments:

Brimaca said...

LOL. I remember thinking my parents were idiots as well. I used to backseat drive and now M does it to me. I say, "You know I did just fine without you help!" Then I remember I said that to my parents too!

larshannon said...

Awesome!

Nicole said...

haha- I had to help Bailee with her math last night (she is in fourth grade) and I had to have another adult help me figure it out so I could explain it to her! in my defense they are being taught to do math a whole different way than we were- but still - I knew the day would come but didnt think it would be fourth grade!

SarahCarroll said...

i swear i totally commented on this one before. you didnt like what i said, huh??? lol

I said HOW COULD YALL BE SO STINKIN' DUMB..... I MEAN REALLY. youre embarrassing yourselves!