Friday, November 20, 2009

Back in the Game!

I have been bad about blogging. This round of chemo was pretty tough but I am starting to feel better today. 4 down and only 8 more to go! Whoo hoo!
We have been fed, and fed and fed some more by our church members, neighbors and friends. Thank you so much! It has been a huge help because I am pretty much out of commission for 3-4 days during the chemo week. I have gained 5lbs since starting chemo. I am not too excited about that but I guess it is better than a 5lb loss. I will have to exercise more self control when desserts are brought to me! I have decided to run a marathon with Katie as soon as I am finished with this crud. It will give me something to work for and the pounds should come off. She said 5K are for wimps but maybe she will change her mind and do one with me? Hint hint!

8 comments:

Dianne said...

5Ks are NOT for wimps! They are FAST races so you have to book it. They are also a stepping stone for bigger races, so it's a good starter race, but NOT for wimps.

Good luck and I like your goals!

Dianne said...

oh wimps sit at home while we race.

Tiffani and Nate said...

Happy 1/3 of the way through! I wish I was closer to help out more.

Nicole said...

welcome back :) missed you!

Kate said...

You are a busy lady so it is ok not to blog that often. Hope you have a good Thanksgiving!

Katie said...

I totally want to do a 5k with you! Just name the day and I'll be there... and next year we'll do a half marathon! That would be so much fun...

Chad and Jen Chamberlain said...

I totally know Katie! Where do I know her from? I have such a bad memory lately...too many kids:o)! I'm so proud of you Steph! You rock!

Travis and Rhonda said...

I've been thinking of you so much lately. I'm without a computer until Travis moves out here next month. Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful.