There we are...again. In the ER.
We were getting ready for church and I hear a thud and Jason yelling. He sounded injured and worried. Colbie is screaming. I thought he tripped over her and hurt both of them. I guess Lauren had put her up on our bed and she fell off, head first on to the hard floor. That would not have been a big deal but Jason said her head was kinked to the side and when she fell it looked like she had injured her neck. When he picked her up her eyes rolled into the back of her head. We called the doctor and they recommended we have her checked out. It is not safe for me to go down there so the task fell to Jason. Poor guy.
They had to sedate her to get the ct scan and that required an IV. He was down there with her for 5 hours. Nothing was wrong with her head. They treated her for croup instead. She isn't sick. She doesn't have croup, she just to barks when she cries. She always has since birth. We are happy that nothing is wrong with her but not so happy that she had to go through all that. Seriously considering a direct deposit of all our money to Memorial Hospital.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm so sorry! That is so scary, but I'm glad to hear all is well.
Never a dull moment at the Carroll house!!!
Glad she's okay!
Colbie, Colbie, Colbie. I'm glad you're ok.
Steph, I'm sorry you have to deal with MMH's billing dept at all. They are a serious pain!
or better yet...maybe they could just rent a room to the Carroll family. Maybe suggest a "frequent vistors" discount?
on a more serious note, how scary that she fell of the bed onto her head! Speaking from experience! Paisley did that when Emerson was gone...Robby put her on a bed and when she fell off, she passed out (the eyes rolling to the back of the head is so scary to see). I really got after poor Robby and felt so bad.
Post a Comment