Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Apple Butter Festival

The trees at the orchard are really short but hold a TON of apples! Here is Zach making his funny faces. There is always someone making funny faces in my pictures! Colbie picked a ton of apples. Her favorite ones were the Gala.


Last weekend we went to Lubbock for Caleb's birthday party and the Apple Butter Festival. All of the hotel rooms were sold out (really, I checked almost every dang hotel in Lubbock) so we set up a tent in Tiffani's backyard and "camped". I think our family thought we were a little crazy but I couldn't bear to disappoint the kids and it would have been really crowded inside Tif's house. The kids love to stay in hotels and since we couldn't do that "camping" was the next best thing. Yes, we slept with the baby outside. I started camping when I was about 6 weeks old so I figured we would break Colbie in early. She slept like a log.


At the Apple Butter Festival we ate a ton of apples picked fresh and brought a huge bag home with us. They had a petting zoo, music, a few craft booths and a lot of mosquitoes! Emily and Lauren ended up getting sick halfway through the weekend but you would never have been able to tell because it didn't slow them down one bit. As it turns out Lauren had strep AGAIN! Even taking out her tonsils doesn't prevent her from picking up strep.


Caleb's birthday party was fun. The kids played in the swimming pool, we all ate BBQ and after the party was over the guys went to the Texas Tech game. Nate (Tif'fs husband) wanted us girls to watch "Made of Honor" while the guys were gone so he wouldn't have to watch it. His plan backfired because it took us so long to put the kids to bed that we didn't start the movie until right before the guys came home and they ended up watching it with us. Ha ha ha!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you said hello! Cam and I were just talking about you the other day. I was saying how nice you were and I really enjoyed getting to know you a little bit at the reunion. I think in another life if we lived around each other we would have been the greatest of friends. You are such a doll.
Cam is in the middle of m.d. school applications. We applied to a couple of schools in Texas. Who knows maybe we will end up close to you and then we could become great friends. Well, I guess that we don't have to live close to each other to become friends.
Thanks again for saying hi!

Brimaca said...

Fun! Gala are my favorite as well. ;) We tried to get a hotel in Lubbock a couple weeks ago - $150-200 a room because of football season.

The Gooding Family said...

Cute! Ryan saw the picture of Colbie and the apples and giggled to himself. Yay for fall!