Saturday, February 13, 2010

One Tough Chick

If you know me, you know that I don't do well in large groups of people. I don't know if it is social anxiety disorder or what but when I am in large groups for too long I usually have a panic attack. That is after I am rude to everyone I know and yell at somebody's kid.

Today we had Emily's baptism at 10 AM, lunch at my house (I can't count the number of kids there...us Mormons reproduce like rabbits) then immediately following lunch we went to the roller skating rink for Emily's birthday party. Might I remind you, I just did chemo. I am TIRED! The crazy thing is, I enjoyed every minute of it. I didn't yell at anyone and all the kids went home happy and had tons of fun. Miracles do happen!

I was only medicated for half of it.

Happy Birthday, Emily!

PS Bishop gave her "fiery darts" to remind her to read scriptures and pray every day so that when Satan throws his fiery darts at her they will bounce right off. She took that dart, looked me in the eye and said, "He won't be throwing these at me. I am going to throw them at him!"
You go, girl. Emily is a warrior at heart!

7 comments:

Dianne said...

Sounds like there are TWO tough chicks in your house now! You're both great examples to me. :)

Brimaca said...

I also don't do well sometimes in large groups. I also yell at others' kids when I get stressed. That is why I rarely have events at my house - I get easily stressed about it. Glad you did great! Must be all that sugar. :) And Emily must take after her mommy!

The Gooding Family said...

Like mother, like daughter!

I don't think I knew that about you with large crowds...

larshannon said...

I was going to say something witty but then my moderation word was colon and I'm totally side tracked.

Angela said...

I can't believe you just had chemo and then went to a roller skating rink....scabies lurk there. I always find myself yelling at other people's kids at the park or other places people don't watch their kids. They are usually boys...

Ashleigh said...

that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy hearing your stories Steph. We think of your family a lot. Good job on not getting mad at anyone. This week is block week which means exams all week long. You know it is bad when your brain already feels like spaghetti after the first test.