Lauren started complaining last night that she didn't feel well. She said her ear hurt, her throat was sore and she felt achy. I put her to bed and this morning when I tried to wake her up she said she felt really icky. We have all been sick on and off lately so I let her stay home. About an hour after the other kids were gone she was all smiles and sparkles.
I said, "Lauren, did you pretend you were sick so you could stay home?"
She replied, with a sweet smile, "If I say yes will you make me go to school?"
I think she must have felt a little neglected while we took care of Emily in the hospital. She pulled the wool over my eyes this morning. Let's hope she doesn't fool me again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She's a smart one.
LOL! Smart cookie, that kid :) And I absolutely ADORE your new family photo!!!
i know how you feel. lucy did the same thing to me today. only, i don't get her. she always gets sick in the evening. every day...
Clever girl . . . at least she was honest when you called her out on it! By the way I love the blog makeover. And sorry I didn't mean to copy you by redoing mine at the same time - it's something I've been meaning to do for awhile!
LOL!!!!!
LOL sometimes a little mommy time is all they need to heal there sickness!
Taking a day off never hurt anyone! I love being able to spend one on one time, relaxing with my kids. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it's an awesome treat!
Love the new family picture!
She is smart and cute! By-the-way, I love, love, love your family picture. just darling!
Post a Comment