Kade threw his first real tantrum for me today. I feel so loved! I did get a big kiss before nap time (which came at 9:30, hence the reason behind the tantrum) so it worked out well.
Last night I let my girls sleep in my bed because Jason and Zach were on a camp out. BIG MISTAKE. I was woken up at least five times because of an elbow in the face, a foot in the ribs or because of Lauren and Emily's continuous talking in their sleep. I thought they were talking to me or each other but they were just muttering nonsense all night long. The babies were up bright and early so I am really dragging. It will be time for a caffine fix this afternoon.
I took Lauren, Emily, Tara, Colbie, Miara and Kade to the pool again yesterday and it was a rather comical outing. Kade has a diaper rash and was half asleep so I kept him in Colbie's hot pink stroller. I gave him a granola bar, my left over Fresca and left him in the stroller while I took the babies into the pool. He was happy as could be because the soda came with a lid, straw and lots of crushed ice. After he drank the soda he ate ALL the ice. Hey, who doesn't love citrus flavored crushed ice?
I had a hard time getting into the pool with Colbie and Miara. I hold Colbie while Miara floats in the little baby contraption. The hard part is putting Miara in while holding Colbie. I tried to get Lauren to help me but she ditched me for her friends. Luckily another mother had pity on me and took Colbie from my arms. That was nice of her. Unfortunately, she took the wrong baby. Miara is the nice one. Colbie has been possessed lately. She is very upset that Mommy has been holding two other children and has become even more clingy than usual. You would have thought this nice woman was torturing her when she took her out of my arms. She screamed loud enough that everyone at the pool had to get a glimpse of what was going on. Needless to say, we only stayed an hour because I was pretty tired from playing musical babies.
I decided to get fast food for the girls to avoid dinner dishes. We stopped at Schlotzsky's for Lauren, ordered an original with no onions. What we got was an original with onions. Emily ordered a cheeseburger from Jack in the Box. We ended up with a burger minus the cheese. I mean really, how do you screw that one up? If it doesn't have cheese it isn't a cheeseburger. Luckily for me, we had some Kraft singles in the fridge so we were able to save the cheeseburger from being a regular burger. The babies and Kade grazed on frozen peas, baby food, lunchmeat and yogurt. Everyone was happy. Grandma came over and helped with dinner and bathtime then we put the kids down for bed, a movie on for Lauren and Emily then Grandma and I watched Bride Wars. All in all we survived another day.
We are excited to see you both tomorrow! I hope you are having a lot of fun and will miss these kids when they are gone.
Wish us luck tomorrow. We are taking all six kids to church. Luckily, being Mormon and all, we should fit right in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment