Saturday, May 3, 2008

Looks like bed rest again!

I took a little stroll down to labor and delivery to have my "contractions" monitored. They told me they weren't really contractions but irritability in my uterus. My doctor put me on bed rest until my next visit and we will go from there. They said I am not on "strict" bed rest. I can get up to shower, eat, use the rest room, etc. I just can't stroll the grocery store or mall or climb any stairs. I plan on scheduling my outings very carefully so I can still take the kids to school and make all of my doctor appointments. I have found that even my pants put pressure on my abdomen and cause my uterus to contract. Having said that I want to warn you all that I now sit around the house without any pants on! Be warned that you may have to call me before you come by so I can put some on!

8 comments:

larshannon said...

I don't care if you wear pants anyway. Let me know if you need to switch the preschool schedule...I can do both parts if you need.

Tifani said...

Now I am really wishing we lived closer, between both of our pregnancies we would be a GREAT asset to eachother!!! Good Luck Steph with everything!!! Love ya tif

Val said...

OH, fun for you! Sorry - I know that must drive you nuts! Good Luck!

Danielle said...

Oh no fun! Hopefully all will go well the rest of the pregnancy and that baby stays in there.

Kate said...

Doesn't sound like fun! Hope you're doing ok and we missed you last week!!

Katie said...

Sorry Stephanie... no fun!

Dianne said...

Bed rest must stink. Sorry to hear it. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly.

In the mean time you could try to use a man's point of view...I hear they like to sit around without their pants on. Maybe you could start watching football and leaving your dirty clothes on the floor, too.

Brimaca said...

Anyway I can help? I have two extra seats in my car. I could take kids to school if I needed to. I could also pick things up from the store for you. Let me know!