Monday, October 11, 2010

While you were sleeping

One week ago I had a hysterectomy. It was a pretty big surgery. I am feeling good, by the way. Not many complications. I stayed an extra day so they could give me stress doses of steroids and I had to wear a catheter for 3 days because they cut my bladder during the surgery. That was rather unpleasant but I am now home and recovering well.
When I woke up from surgery a lot of things had changed in our family. Here are a few:

Jason has been working on this beard for three weeks. I HATE it! I seriously shudder when he comes near me with that thing. He wanted me to post this picture to see if anyone else likes it. So far one person, (my mom) has said he looks good. The rest of us say, "Blah!". Leave a comment and let me know what you think.
The reason he likes the beard is because he thinks it makes him look older. I say it just makes him look like a young scruffy bum.
Jason recently applied within Chevron for a few jobs overseas. We have been doing this every March and September with no luck for a couple years now. Well, drum roll please...He got a job in Kazakhstan!!! That's right, people, we are moving to Kazakhstan. I am still in shock. He told me the day after they removed my morphine pump. I was pretty dazed. I'm still waiting for them to call Jason and say, "Ha ha, just kidding!" We are way excited to go. We don't have any details because he hasn't signed the "official " job offer yet. We do estimate that we will be moving in February or March. We will be gone for four years and then we can choose to do another assignment in a different country or come back to the states. Also, while I was in the hospital, Jason and the kids built a chicken coup. We have one very spoiled chicken "Chicka". She is very tame and the kids love to hold her.
The kids also picked up a stray from the park. Jason called to tell me that they had found a kitten at the park. How did I feel about bringing her home? Well, I said I didn't want any more pets and no more animals in the house but who could resist this little cutie? Misty is now a permanent pet in the Carroll home. She will be going with us to Kazakhstan. Cleo (our outside cat) hates her and hisses at us when we come near whether or not we have the kitten with us. Cotton, our dog, is extremely curious and may get her eyes scratched out if she sniffs Misty's butt one more time.

Last but not least, Jason took the kids to the AirSho. Every year when they have this we listen to the planes flying by our house all weekend. The kids really liked going. I stayed home with Colbie and we napped.



How was your week? ;)


4 comments:

Kate said...

NO BEARD! By the way, I am sad y'all are moving :(

Just a ranch girl said...

you guys will love the expat experience. It will open up a whole new world for your family!!! I would leave the country again in a heart beat!!! Shauna Whiteside

Danielle said...

I am a no on the beard too. Maybe with a different haircut but overall, no.

So exciting about the job! I hope everything goes super smooth!

Jaimie said...

If Jason wants to be a mountain man, then who's to stop him :) I am so sad you guys will be going out of the country! You will have a great experience though and that is way exciting! Congratulations!!