Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Motivation


At 6AM I heard Emily's alarm clock blaring. Really, 6AM? She doesn't need to leave for school until 7:40 ish. I fully expected her to be in my room waking me up. At 6:30 she came in and asked when I planned on getting up. She needed me to blow dry her hair. She got up on her own, took a shower, washed her hair AND made her own lunch.

The special occasion... a field trip at school today. She didn't want to be late. Also, Grandma Patti is going with her. That is a real treat.

I am amazed by this child who, when she puts her mind to it, can climb mountains.

3 comments:

Tifani said...

She sounds so much like my Cambry!!! She is adorable Steph!!! I haven't seen your mom in for ever, how is she!!!! Tell her Hi for me!!!

Travis and Rhonda said...

I love this story! It's amazing the motivation that comes from a field trip.

Such a sweet face!

Brimaca said...

Wow! Impressive!