Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Where is Dr House when you need him?

Well, my GI doc is no help. His office staff is rude and his nurse is presumptuous.
Done venting.
I have been feeling like CRAP! My stomach was hurting and all I would get from my GI doc office was the "Don't call us, we will call you." attitude.
I got frustrated and called my oncologist. They kept their eyes out for my reports and today the results came in. I have gastritis which is just an inflammation of the lining of the stomach. All my oncologist could help me with is suggestions for easing the discomfort. Antacids, small meals and no heavy, greasy or spicy food. I think carbonation is out of the picture, too. Dang.
Well, I went online and found out some reasons for gastritis. One is overuse of alcohol. Ummmm...nope. Overuse of meds like advil. (This is what my GI doc is jumping all over. Seriously, I take it occasionally when I am on my period. Not overuse in my opinion.) H.Pylori is another one, but I tested negative for that.
Pernicious Anemia was on the list. I fit three of the risk factors for that one. It also explains my sluggishness, dizziness, overall flu like icky feeling and dependency on caffeine. I CAN NOT wake up without my Crystal Light Wild Strawberry Energy Drink. Period. I have tried.
I would like to get tested for it but I have yet to hear from my GI doc. I know they have test results. I guess it is easier to give samples of antacids and blame the symptoms on chemo rather than listening to the patient. The patient is screaming, "SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE!!!!" and the doctor is saying (still after being wrong about a freaking tumor), "You are too young and healthy to have these problems."
I decided to call my endocrinologist to see if this may be up her alley. It is an autoimmune disease. Maybe I can find someone who will check it out.
I just need to keep screaming till someone listens.

6 comments:

Dianne said...

I'm seething just reading this post. What is WRONG with doctors anyway?!? Especially in your case. Try to keep your chin up and yes, KEEP YELLING until they hear you and do something about it!!!!

Dianne said...

btw...I love House. :)

Tifani said...

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this! Keep screaming Steph!!! love you sweet friend

Alex and Kerri said...

That is so frustrating! I hope someone finally listens and that things get figured out.

Brimaca said...

That stinks Stephanie. Seriously. You need a break from icky-ness!

Tiffani and Nate said...

Girl you need to find a different GI doc. Even if you have to drive to Odessa or Lubbock.